ComplYant is a startup committed to solving the business tax problem. Businesses are paying billions in tax penalties every single year for filing forms or making payments after they are due. We aid small business owners by using technology in taking charge of their tax requirements with deadline tracking, budgeting, and so much more. We are not a tax firm. We are a technology startup putting the power back in the hands of the business owner. We want to completely upend the status quo that says only the rich can benefit from great tax support. We segregate work into teams. This means you’ll have a team leader to help guide your work to ensure we all stay on task and collectively continue to build something we all believe in. But what this also means is that you may be able to join other teams to learn and grow because we don’t believe in siloed skills and teams. We are better as a whole if we all can contribute anywhere and everywhere our skill sets could be of value.
What you get to do
- Work with a team of highly skills and knowledgeable developers
- Redefine and improve our product experience, from user stories through implementation
- Own the frontend for our primary application
- Work with Blade templates, VueJS, Tailwind, Bootstrap and more!
- Integrate with our Laravel application
- Be a key part of evolving our platform by collaborating on decisions around technologies like Inertia vs Livewire, Tailwind vs Bootstrap (vs Bulma), and many more
Your background likely includes
- A few years of frontend-heavy web development
- Developing user stories or design specifications
- Accessibility standards for web platforms
- Many of the following technologies (or similar):
- Tailwind 2
- Bootstrap 4
- Demonstrable end results for your skills
- Full-stack Laravel-ecosystem expert
- The mythical Designer / Developer powerhouse
- Have contributed to open source / community projects
- Can explain the difference between mutable and immutable objects
- If you’ve ever freelanced or run your own business
- that you interview as yourself, not who you want us to believe that you are.
- that you actually understand what we are building and believe you can be an asset and not just someone looking for a paycheck.
- that you have amazing time management skills, we are not a babysitting service.
- that you value and respect others differences, we will dismiss you quickly if you do not.
Why us?ComplYant was built on three core beliefs – trust, transparency, and support. We value our team members as the amazing human beings that they are, and we do what we can to embody our core beliefs every workday. A few other things you should know:
- We believe in what we’re building. Our team believes what we’re building is going to help entrepreneurs thrive and make the lives of many small business owners much easier. We’re really, truly excited to help.
- We are diverse, equitable, and inclusive. Our team was built on these foundations, and we do whatever we can to support and lift up minorities, and to foster an environment of inclusiveness, equity, and diversity. These aren’t just buzzwords to us, they are real life.
- We are people-first. We understand that you’re a human being first, and a member of our team a little bit further down the list. Life happens, and we’re here to support our team members however we can.
- We are remote-first. While we do have a homebase in Los Angeles, ComplYant is a 100% remote company and has been from the beginning. We believe people are happier and ultimately more productive when they can have their lives back, in their own space with the flexibility to be able to go to appointments, pick up their kids, or do a load of laundry.
Benefits & Perks
- Unlimited PTO (guilt free)
- Health Benefits (fully paid)
- Home Office Equipment
- Internal Promotions
- Cross Training
- Learning Opportunities
- Annual Work-cations
- Team Building
- And more…