First of all, fleet/freight management software solutions aren’t just for organizations with larger fleets. These solutions can be implemented for all sorts of transportation and logistics operations, including a small fleet of six vehicles or an enterprise with thousands of trucks/cars.
Irrespective of the business size, the benefits of fleet management software are the same. Here are some of them:
- Improved vehicle uptime with proactively scheduling maintenance
- Regular maintenance and speed control resulting in fewer maintenance costs
- Reduction in fuel consumption triggered by route optimization
- Improved vehicle and driver safety
- Assess the gaps in your fleet process and identify the challenges you face
It is true that the pain points will not be the same for a small fleet and a large fleet of vehicles. But it doesn’t mean that the small fleets don’t have gaps in their transportation process, although they might have less pain points than the large fleets. The loopholes really start showing up as the size of the fleet grows.
Before searching for a fleet management solution, it is crucial to understand the inefficiencies and problems with the current fleet management process and how the solution can help to mitigate them. Fleet managers often encounter the following problems:
- Transport regulation compliance such as overloaded trucks, speed limits, driver working hoursScience Articles, etc.
- Unnecessary fuel consumption
- Unpredictable downtime
- Unknown shipment location
- Delivery delays
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Jermaine Trotman is the co-founder of Nimble AppGenie, a company renowned for its bespoke mobile app development and web development in e-wallet app development and fintech app development.